WordPress 6.0 Beta 1 released
WordPress 6.0 Beta 1 is now available for download and testing.
The WordPress 6.0 release will be packed with all kinds of improvements. Here are just a few:
- Style Switching: switch up the look and feel of your site, all in one block theme. No need to change themes!
- More template options: use blocks to edit five more templates (author, date, categories, tag, and taxonomy).
- Multi-select: Easily select text across multiple blocks. Edit to your liking.
- Retain Styles: Keep your custom styles in place, whether transforming between blocks or creating new buttons.
- More patterns in more places: the Quick Inserter surfaces patterns that might work well for the condition you’re in, baking in relevant patterns for template parts and pages you’re working on.
- List View improvements: New keyboard shortcuts (shift + click) let you select multiple blocks to modify in bulk (reposition, delete, etc.), see your content at a glance with a collapsed by default view, and more.
- Refined design tools: Explore a new color panel, transparency options, more group block variations to create new layout options (Stack, Row), the ability to set your featured image in a Cover block, control the exact size of your featured image, gap support for the Gallery block, and more.
- New blocks: Comments, Read More, No results in Query Loop, Post Author biography, Avatar blocks.
- Block Locking UI: Choose to disable the option to remove a block, move it, or both, right in the editor.
- Export block themes: Explore the improved block theme export tool, as WordPress heads closer to codeless visual block theme building.
- Webfonts API: Manage local fonts with PHP or theme.json.
And also, WordPress published a post on their blog that said,
This version of the WordPress software is under development. Please do not install, run, and test this version of WordPress on a production or mission-critical website. Instead, it is recommended that you test Beta 1 on a test server and site.Copied: WordPRess Blog