Table of Contents
- How to install WordPress using Softaculous
- 1. Log into your cPanel.
- 2. Select WordPress
- 3. Fill out the install form
- 4. Installation Completed
This tutorial will guide you on how to install WordPress with just a few clicks using Softaculous.
How to install WordPress using Softaculous
1. Log into your cPanel.
Now look for the Softaculous icon in the control panel as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the Softaculous icon which will take you to the Softaculous enduser panel.
2. Select WordPress
Once you are on the Softaculous enduser panel, you will need to search for WordPress as shown in the screenshot below. This will take you to the WordPress page, click on the Install button here which will display the install form.
3. Fill out the install form
After clicking on the Install button, you need to fill in the form displayed as shown in the screenshot below. The form asks lots of details (which are prefilled by default), you can change it if you need or leave it as it is and proceed with the installation with default values.
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the domain and the folder where you want to install WordPress.
- Note: If you want to install WordPress in document root i.e. example.com and NOT in a subdirectory i.e. example.com/wp then leave the In Directory field as blank.
- Admin Username: Choose the username to be used for the WordPress admin account
- Admin Password: Choose the password to be used for the WordPress admin account
- Admin Email: Choose the email to be used for the WordPress admin account
- Select Language: Select the language in which you want to install WordPress
After filling out the form click on the Install button to start the installation process.
Make sure you set up secure and hard-to guess details in the Admin Account section: